Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Better Place...

...than Clemson in the spring!

This past Saturday we had made our way to Clemson for the JLF Memorial Golf Tournament that honors the memory of our friend Walt's sister who passed away in a car accident. Not only are we happy to be able to support our friend Walt and his family but we also love this event every year because we get to spend time in Clemson with our good friends. The boys always play golf while the girls chat about life, and of course this year we had my two little men there to spark lots of conversation about babies.

The babies really did great and I am so thankful that they have such great little personalities. Everyone loved being around them and it was so fun to have them there with me this year. They were troopers. We got there at around 11:30 and didn't leave until 9 o'clock that night. Of course they needed naps so I set up their pack and plays under a tree not far from the tent we were under. And yes they cried. Not being in their normal setting, it was going to take a little bit of "crying it out" to get them asleep. Some people don't get this concept but when babies have been up for a long long time, they may have to cry a little before they go to sleep.

The people that did not understand this were these two men that were friends of Walt's parents...
So these men were under the tent with me but didn't know I was the mother... They saw those poor babies crying and walked over to their pack and plays and picked them up and brought them to the tent. They then asked "who is the mother of these babies?" Ha. Well that would be me. "There babies were crying"... Yep. I heard them. I honestly thought it was funny. They were the sweetest men ever and they loved that they got the babies to stop crying. They were so proud of each of "their" babies that they were taking pictures of the other one holding the baby with their phones. Of course (since they were very very tired) they started crying again and of course they gave them right back to me. MEN...

The babes finally fell asleep and we were able to enjoy the rest of the day there. We loved it. CLEMSON, sunny weather, friends, golf (for Clay), good babies... perfect! Here are a few pics...

What a handsome group of men...
(You can't tell from the picture but Clay wanted
to match the boys, so they all have on khaki shorts
and polos. Reminds me of when I matched my mom
in homemade jumpers.)
The girls (my helpers:)
Mark and his family (minus one who
is about to make his entrance into the world)
Miller with some wild hair due to
the sunscreen.
My family
(Well hello Chuckles!)
The boys

Did I mention my family is sick AGAIN. Yep! Whatever that bug was that made for achy bodies, upset stomachs and throw up... it is back. Nothing like sick babies... Or having to do stool samples for them. YUCK. Keep us in your prayers. Clay and I are heading out of town and I would love to be able to hand off healthy babies to my parents, as well as I would like Clay and I to enjoy our time away... Mexico here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment