Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our boys!!!

Well.... our little buddies are boys!!! How fun!! Our families got the news yesterday. We invited them over for dinner and served them this blue cake for dessert. It was a great time. Clay's family was there, and my parents were able to come up from Charleston. Although some were certain that they were going to be girls, nobody was disappointed with the news. In fact, its very exciting for Clay's family because it was up to him and his cousin Brit to create the next generation Kimsey boys. We're glad to get that weight off our shoulders on our first try... and get two for one too!!

We're also excited to report that our visit with Dr. Allaire, the parinatologist, went very well. The boys are measuring perfectly, and are exactly the same size. Both are currently 5 ounces. During the ultrasound we got to see them move around and hug eachother. They are already best friends. We will visit Dr. Allaire again in three weeks, and at that time I will do a very detailed ultrasound that takes an hour to complete!

Tomorrow will make 16 weeks. I'll be posting a picture of my belly in the next couple of days. Its definitely getting bigger (and more uncomfortable). My nausea is betting much better. I still have my moments, but overall its not too bad. I'll tell you more about that later.

Before I go, here are our "money shots" of the boys, and some more pics from Friday night....


Here is Mrs. Lisa making the discovery (notice Jaime loving the fact that she knew before anyone else... she made the cake for us!)....


Another fun part of the night was the debut of the Kimsey family backyard theater. This was designed by the boys at Clay's work. It was really awesome! I want him to sell these things...

The kids (and Grandaddy) loved it!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! I got not be more thrilled for you guys. We are definitely praying for you guys. We love you all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say COULD not be more thrilled....maybe I am not so good at multi-tasking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mandy!! Boys are sooo much fun! How VERY exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It's funny about the cake idea... we are going to do that too. :) I can't wait to tell you if you are right or not about our baby. I'm already thinking it's a girl, so I think you are right. The boys will be so much fun!!! Any names yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! I too loved the cake idea!

    ReplyDelete