So, Clay and I are still adopting... just not from Uganda. We had many weeks of prayer, research, thinking, and discussion, at the end of which, we felt God moving us in a different direction. It was scary at first, knowing we were changing our plans (and starting over virtually), but we believe this is His plan for us and our future babe.
There are many reasons that led us to switch out of the the Ugandan program (any of which I am wiling to share privately with anyone who has questions) and switch into domestic African American/Biracial adoption. There is a need for adoptive parents here for these babies and we feel led to help fill that need. We are so excited and with our home study updated and our birth mom profile book done, we are eagerly awaiting the newest member of the Kimsey crew. It could be tomorrow or it could be in a year, you just don't know... that is the "fun" difference between international adoption and domestic! So keep us in your prayers and we are trusting the Lord to bring this little baby to us in His perfect timing!
Here are just a few really random pics I have of the boys around the house...
Boys in new $8 jackets and $7 shoes...
Trying to get them to smile on the porch for me...

Prayers for your sweet family!! God has big plans for you and your new bundle...can't wait to see them unfold! - Caroline Shook
ReplyDeletelove this! praying for you and for timing!! how exciting for y'all!!!! xoxo love the pics, especially the third one #cuties. oh, and the last one - look at that belly #precious
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I will be praying for you all as you await the new little one and I will also pray for the baby and the birth mom! What a blessing in all directions!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFinally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.female obgyn
ReplyDelete